The wool from the sheep is called the wool. The sheep wool is called the wool in the industry. Even the wool of the sheep is very fine, we call it wool, not the wool, but of course, it can also call the fine branch wool.
Only the cashmere from goat is called cashmere, that is, cashmere, Cashmere. Cashmere is a thin layer of thin velvet, which is grown in the skin of the goat's outer cortex, and is covered in the root of the goat. It grows out in the cold winter, resists wind and cold, and falls off after the spring is warm, and is naturally adapted to the climate and is a rare special animal fiber.
1. the scale of wool is more compact and thicker than cashmere, and its fleece is larger than cashmere. Cashmere fiber is small and smooth in appearance, and there is an air layer in the middle of the fabric, so its weight is light and its handle is slippery and glutinous.
2. the crimp degree of wool is smaller than that of cashmere. The curl number, crimp rate and curl recovery rate of cashmere fiber are great, and it is suitable to be processed into full, soft and flexible knitwear, which is comfortable and natural, and has good reduction characteristics, especially in the aspects of not shrinking and keeping the shape after washing. Because cashmere has high natural curl and is tightly arranged in spinning and weaving, and has good cohesion, it has good heat retention, 1.5 times to 2 times that of wool.
3. the content of cashmere is higher than that of wool. Cashmere fiber is more rigid than wool, that is, cashmere is softer than wool.
4. the fineness of cashmere is smaller than that of wool. The appearance quality of cashmere is better than wool.
5. cashmere fiber has a uniform fineness, its density is smaller than that of wool, its cross section is regular round, and its products are lighter than wool products.
6. the moisture absorption of cashmere is better than wool, which can absorb dye sufficiently and is not easy to fade. The moisture regain is high and the resistance value is larger.
7. the acid and alkali resistance of wool is better than cashmere, and it is smaller than cashmere when oxidant and reducing agent are applied.
8. generally, wool products have better anti ball performance than cashmere products, but their felting shrinkage is large.